the Geek Chronicles
...: Random thoughts. Nonsense. Ideas. Perceptions.Observations.Life...:
- Name: J
Monday, September 26, 2005
Sunday, September 25, 2005
You Are Japanese Food
Strange yet delicious.
Contrary to popular belief, you're not always eaten raw.
You Are Somewhat Machiavellian
You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!
Your Career Type: Social
You are helpful, friendly, and trustworthy.
Your talents lie in teaching, nursing, giving information, and solving social problems.
You would make an excellent:
Counselor - Dental Hygienist - Librarian
Nurse - Parole Officer - Personal Trainer
Physical Therapist - Social Worker - Teacher
The worst career options for your are realistic careers, like truck driver or farmer.
In a Past Life...
You Were: A Diseased Beekeeper.
Where You Lived: Argentina.
How You Died: The Plague.
Gotta love these online tests
You Are Likely an Only Child
At your darkest moments, you feel frustrated.
At work and school, you do best when you're organizing.
When you love someone, you tend to worry about them.
In friendship, you are emotional and sympathetic.
Your ideal careers are: radio announcer, finance, teaching, ministry, and management.
You will leave your mark on the world with organizational leadership, maybe as the author of self-help books.
You Are 50% Weird
Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!
You are Agonistic
You're not sure if God exists, and you don't care.
For you, there's no true way to figure out the divine.
You rather focus on what you can control - your own life.
And you tend to resent when others "sell" religion to you.
Your Personality Is
You are both logical and creative. You are full of ideas.
You are so rational that you analyze everything. This drives people a little crazy!
Intelligence is important to you. You always like to be around smart people.
In fact, you're often a little short with people who don't impress you mentally.
You seem distant to some - but it's usually because you're deep in thought.
Those who understand you best are fellow Rationals.
In love, you tend to approach things with logic. You seek a compatible mate - who is also very intelligent.
At work, you tend to gravitate toward idea building careers - like programming, medicine, or academia.
With others, you are very honest and direct. People often can't take your criticism well.
As far as your looks go, you're coasting on what you were born with. You think fashion is silly.
On weekends, you spend most of your time thinking, experimenting with new ideas, or learning new things.
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Another fine game!
I can NOT believe it, nor do I condone the fact that I haven't bothered with this blog in a hundred years. Have I intended on blogging, sure. Have I? Nope! The whole idea of blogging and confessing your inner most thoughts and confessions(?) is really cool. So why haven't I done so in months? Do you really want to know? I'm a lazy, lazy, lazy person. I used to have ambition and used to be motivated to do a lot of stuff. Who can I blame for this lack of effort? I'd like to say old age, but I'm not old enough to use that excuse. Yes, it's merely laziness and an unwillingness to put out much effort. Will I be better? I may and I may not. Do I care? Surely not, I mean, being such a wild and vivacious woman, do you honestly think I have time for this? Who am I kidding, I haven't had a life since the day I turned 21 and got so drunk that I couldn't function for 4 days. VIVA LOS MARGARITAS! I swear those margaritas were so huge at Chevy's that it looked like a birdbath. But, I digress. Okay,well anyways, it's time for me to bust a move.
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
OOPS...It's only been a week...It could be worse .
So what's new in tha 619?
- Took the CSET last Saturday and I am hoping for the last time. Remind me again why I am going through the headaches for a measely 30g's teaching job? Oh that's right, the kids!
- I need a new job. Yeah, okay, the one I have has its' perks, but there aren't enough to keep me satisfied. It seems like I get opportunities, but something always happens to ruin my options. Blah!
- So you heard that the king of late night died right? Poor Johnny Carson. I don't remember the guy other than what I saw about him on t.v clips. I was too young to stay up during his late night reign. I've also heard some shitty things about the guy. Why is it that once you drop dead, kick the bucket, meet your matchmaker, people start talking about how great of a person you were? I hope when I hit the bricks, that people have good stuff to say about me, not cause I'm dead, but cause they really mean it.
- After doing a system restore on my computer, (f*@**&#&!!! computer) I lost all of my music files!!! I was so pissed...So, I had to go and find some new beats. I mixed a r&b/rap cd that I'm jammin to right now.
- Guess what!? The joyous rain is coming back to San Diego. Apparently, it's coming this way tommorow and this weekend. I thought we were over this crap. Listen, we live in America's Finest City. That means, sun year round and we don't f**&()(!# with weather that belongs in Portland. SO much for the damned sun!
- A buddy of mine put my computer chair together. I think my thighs are too fat for this chair. That's embarrassing. I only bought the chair like a month ago and just got around to getting it assembled. I wonder how long a $50 chair lasts?
What else? Hmmm...
I'm sure I'll find something to scowl about...
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Hack hack hack!
If you're not from San Diego,Detroit, or any of the other highly populated Iraqi communities, you are probably not aware of the fact that Iraqi Americans are going in droves to vote in the upcoming elections in Iraq. Um, I'm not quite sure, why that is. If they live in the USA, why are they voting for government officials in Iraq? I mean, since when did Vietnamese Americans vote for the next socialist leader in Vietnam? Have you heard of Mexican, Peruvian or Russian citizens living in the USA voting for their next president? Now, I understand that there are Americans living and working in other countries that vote for the president here, but isn't that different? Is it that these Iraqis intend on moving back to Iraq? If they don't plan to, they why do they care? Are they allowed to do so because this is the first democratic type of election in Iraq? I'm bewildered. Just a little food for thought
Friday, January 14, 2005
Friday Night Loser
Another place that you might be interested in for witty sarcastic satirical nonsense is the latino based Pocho.com site. Most of it is news based on what is happening here in the good Ole USA with a lil Latino twist, not to mention a bit of a bite. http://www.pocho.com